GREC RULES any advertising on the Internet by a real estate agent (licensee) of homes for sale, rent, lease, or exchange shall disclose the name and telephone number of the licensee's firm on every viewable web page of a website except as herein otherwise provided.
- When advertising in electronic messages of limited information or characters, a license shall provide a direct link to a display that is in compliance with this Rule.
- the advertising shall provide a direct link to a display that is in compliance with this Rule on every viewable webpage of the website.
- Information on a website maintained by a licensee that is outdated shall be updated or removed from the website within thirty (30) days of the information becoming outdated.
- If a licensee's website is maintained by an authorized third party (other than its firm or its franchisor's webmaster), the licensee shall provide to the third party, a timely written notice, by mail, fax, or electronic means, of any updates to outdated information or information to be removed from the website, so that such updates or information removal may be accomplished in accordance with this Rule. A licensee who provides such timely notice shall not be in violation of this Rule if the third party fails to effect an information change as notified.
- The requirements of this Rule apply to advertising and information on a website that is within the licensee's ownership or direct control. No licensee shall be responsible for any information taken from the licensee's website, or other advertising, if placed on a website, or in other advertising outside the licensee's ownership and/or direct control and without the licensee's consent.